Friday, May 1, 2009

A delayed post from March 30, 2009... The wonderful world of Disney


So -- I'm catching up from posts that I've filed in my head, and now need to put to my blog.  As we continue along the journey of story-telling, I had an amazing experience on my birthday, March 30, 2009 that relates to story-telling and today's culture.

I had the opportunity to take my family, all six of us, to Disneyland for my birthday. We spent the night down near the park so that we could arrive early. As we walked to the park, I wondered about Disney's ability to look at live from a "story" perspective, and wondered about the history of story-telling from Disney's point of view.

Our first visit was to "Finding Nemo, Submarine Voyage," the newest of Disney's adventure rides. Finding Nemo incorporates the story of the film, "Finding Nemo" into a live-action adventure on a real submarine that goes "underwater." Once underwater, we viewed the underwater scenes and engagement through a portal that would transition through different scenes every six to eight seconds. Each scene, along with the narrator would describe a short-story that fit within the context of the whole ride. The experience had differing levels of engagement, that would keep the viewer interested and curious about what was coming next. 




No comments:

Post a Comment